Friday, May 15, 2009

Last Leg

Our final day in Hoi An was spent by walking around some of the shops and then the afternoon was spent relaxing at the beach. We truly enjoyed our stay in that area, and I’ve got a plethora of pictures to prove it. The following morning we were headed back south on the train to Saigon. Prior to departing we stopped at the Cham Museum in Danang, and viewed the many artifacts that were taken from My Son. We enjoyed the train ride just as much on the way back, being able to see a few other parts of the countryside in different parts of the day, then we arrived back in Saigon at 4am with an early check in to our hotel in which I think all of us fell asleep again until 9am. The next day and a half we spent hitting a few sites in Saigon, like the Notre Dame Cathedral, the Post Office, the War Remnants Museum, the Diamond Shopping Center, which had a PIZZA HUT on the top floor (yea, yea, I spose we ought to be eating the local cuisine; but it has been over 9 months, maybe even longer since Will and I ate at a Pizza Hut, and then time was spent just strolling around the city. My folks had a plane to catch the following night and it was time to say goodbye. We waited with them at the hotel for their taxi to arrive, and said goodbye to them for another year and a half on a side street in Saigon. Will and I stayed one more night and the following morning we were on a bus heading back to Phnom Penh. Overall it was a really great trip…nice to be able to show some people where we’re at, it was nice to finally visit the temples that we live so close to, and it was interesting to be able to travel to one of the neighboring countries. I think it was a success…and we definitely welcome any visitors who’d like to venture to this part of the world!

I guess this last batch of typing might be enough for me take a break for a bit; and hopefully it makes up for the lull I’ve had in the last few months.

Over and out…. Stephanie b.

No comments: