Sunday, December 7, 2008

Notes From Will

I realized the other day that I was starting to embrace the Cambodian culture when I asked Stephanie if she wanted to have scrambled eggs and rice.

Class was interrupted the other day by the school director and the head of discipline. The head of discipline came in yielding a scissors. All of the male students had to stand up while the school director pointed out hair cuts that he felt were too long. Four students had random patches of hair cut off their head. They all took it without saying anything. After the free trims, the school director decided to use me as an example (his English is limited), “Look at Will’s hair, it is short, he is beautiful.” One of the students in the front row corrected him with a whisper, “he’s handsome.” The school director blushed slightly and said I was handsome and then left.


Will.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Will and Steph-

Soy sauce with scrambled eggs is the next step. Who knows, maybe you've already tried it! Everyone always thought it was weird I ate my eggs that way. To me it was just normal.

:) Steph Behm