Friday, April 3, 2009

visitors

so we're patiently waiting our first visitors. my folks bit the bullet and bought some tickets to come and visit us here in cambodia. they arrive in about 4 hours. crazy!

Im pretty excited to say the least. We'll show em our site for a few days; spend a few days at the temples, head to phnom penh and then spend a week or so in Vietnam. it should all be very interesting.

My father was in the peace corps in the Philippines.... so i'm looking forward to hearing him reminisce when he gets here; and well my mother is from the Philippines and I'm looking forward to hearing what she has to think of Cambodia; it's similarities and differences etc. It should be good.

. . .

I havent written much lately, and I'm not sure if its because it's just been too hot or if the lack of motivation that the students have been showing lately has been seeping through to me. oh well..... Things are going well for the most part- but classes sure did fizzle every day that we got closer to our break for the khmer new year.

OH - and Will finally did get the mouse yesterday. I kinda felt bad..... sort of.... BUT when the thing eats our potatoes that's when i start to get mad. I mean, everyone should know NOT to mess with stephanie's french fries.

No comments: