Electricity
September 1st, 2008
The electricity went out in Big Sky, MT much more than I really thought it ever would. Here we were, living in this small but luxurious ski resort town, and every once in a while... the power would go out at the Members Only resort that I worked at. It would catch us off guard, but usually it was a nice break from the computer. Then, one time - actually on Will's birthday, I was baking him banana bread, and it went out right in the middle of the bake. It was out for 4 hours. Needless to say that batch of b-bread had to be tossed.
Time warp to right now.
The power just went out here in K-Tralach, Cambodia. This isn't the first time or anything. It goes out every from time to time during the days or evenings and we don't have electricity from 12ish-4 or 5am.
Anyhow, I JUST got done batheing. I was cut short from my usual clean-up time as the electricity went out right in the midst of sudsing up. It gets dark early in these parts (7 in the evening) and when there's no electricity. It gets REALLY dark.
There I was, all soaped up from head to toe, and now it's pitch black.
Our host mom was bathing in the other wash room next to me, and she ran out and got the flashlight and all was back to normal. I finished up, brushed my teeth, headed upstairs to our bedroom, lit a candle and plopped down on the bed to type. We'll see how long this computer battery will last.
And that was that!
Next story. (which you'll see above this one, b/c that's how they're placed in this blog)
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Electricity | Sept. 1st
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment